Customer Liaison Manager
Salary: £29,000/£35,000 (DOE)
Hours: Average 38.5 p/wk, Monday to Friday and one in 4 Saturdays (8.30- 12.30)
Team Size: Circa 10-15 handlers
Travel: Occasional travel will be required to attend client meetings and to our office in Hull
Equipment: Company will provide laptop and mobile phone
Holiday: 22 days plus statutory Bank Holidays
The right candidate will have proven experience of delivering high quality complaints management and continuous improvement, along with experience of effectively managing a team and evidence of setting/achieving challenging team objectives. They will be committed to the highest levels of customer service and championing the customer throughout the organisation. They will also have the ability to analyse results and interpret them so that the appropriate actions can be taken.
- Ensuring that all customer complaints are thoroughly and fairly investigated within agreed service standards, you will ensure complaints are effectively managed, working with other teams to turn insight into action where necessary.
- Development and implementation of a framework for effective complaint management.
- Implementation and delivery of complaints strategies and policies across the business.
- Ensuring that all departmental communication is of the highest standard, with the correct choice of communication channel.
- Reviewing and improving templates and ensuring staff are fully trained and competent to perform their duties.
- Ensuring the team are 'asking the right questions, in the right way, to get the right answer in a professional manner' to resolve complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring that customer service guidelines are embedded throughout the organisation in conjunction with departmental managers and with clients/customers.
- Identifying, through continuous improvement and customer feedback, potential company training requirements and making recommendations to improve customer service and assist in the reduction of repeat failures.
- Acting as a point of escalation for complaint handling decisions outside of the standard process.
- Ensuring that departmental complaint activity is undertaken within client, internal and regulatory timescales.
- Carrying out root cause analysis of complaints and customer feedback and making recommendations for process improvement across the organisation.
- Generating departmental reports and analyse KPIs for performance improvement.
- Always promoting data security in and outside of the business, with strict adherence to DPA, GDPR and information security standards.
- Managing responses to Subject Access Requests (SAR) in line with regulatory requirements.
- Developing, improving and maintaining open and productive relationships with internal/external customers.
- Undertaking regular meetings with stakeholders focusing and supporting with the day-day pressures of the department.
- Managing, developing, and motivating the customer liaison team to ensure performance, conduct, training and HR requirements are managed accordingly.
- Operating as part of the management team, working to improve service provision, departmental infrastructure, resources, systems, standards, and processes across the organisation.
- Completing duties as required from time to time by the Senior Management Team and Directors.
- Experience of working within complaints in an insurance/regulated services industry.
- Experience of the planning and delivery of Key Performance Indicators.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a busy workload and work to agreed deadlines, targets, and objectives within a challenging results-orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, and particularly written, and good analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office systems including Excel and Word.
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- Experience in dealing effectively with customers, clients, regulators and third parties.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 4th June 2021