Our statement is made in accordance with section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Vizion is the largest vehicle body repair network in the UK and Ireland, incorporating British Standard accredited collision repairers and Vehicle Manufacturer approved bodyshops. We employ over 200 people within our organisation and engage with approximately 16,500 individuals throughout our supply chain. The majority of our clients are major motor insurers.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy, our Recruitment Policy, Whistleblowing Policy and our Vizion Values / Code of Conduct.
We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before they become active. This includes onsite audits to review working conditions. We also require that suppliers confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery
- They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate)
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light
In identifying and addressing risks, we set out to identify the extent of any slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains by:
- Conducting internal spot-checks at suppliers across the UK
- Interviewing individuals to discuss their conditions and their rights
- Collaborating with our suppliers to develop an awareness plan to address related issues
- Instituting an annual review questionnaire for existing suppliers to self-assess against the issues
We measure activity and will know the effectiveness of the steps we are taking when:
- No reports are received to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified
- We measure the number of people completing training and passing post training questionnaires
- Supplier self-assessment responses show no activity
- Due diligence spot checks reveal no signs of activity
We have promoted cultural change through training and in the last financial year we:
- Delivered online training modules to Vizion employees
- Distributed posters on slavery and human trafficking and workers' rights
- Ran training seminars for our supplier managers at our offices in Hull and Wellingborough
- Started development of a dedicated Vizion training and knowledge resource webpage